Sunday, April 28 | 6:30 AM
The course begins at the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum and winds through downtown, Bricktown, past the State Capitol, through northeastern Oklahoma City and through beautiful city parks and neighborhoods.
Crowds of spectators line the course to cheer runners on. And along the way, 168 banners — each bearing the name of one of those killed in the Oklahoma City bombing — reminds us of Why We Run.
The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is the largest fundraiser for the privately owned and operated Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. As an additional benefit to running in any of the races, each participant will receive one free admission to the Museum.
Runners in the Half Marathon will have 4.5 hours of course support starting from when the last corral is released from the Start Line. If you are not at Mile 9 by 10:00am, you will be shuttled back to Scissortail Park to enjoy the Finish Line Festival.
Half Marathon Course MapThis fully interactive map enables you to turn layers on and off, view elevations and zoom in and out.
Save a PDF copy of the Run to Remember course map so you’ll always have it on you.
Scott Smith of Oklahoma City, OK | 1:06:53 (2015)
Jaci Smith | 1:17:41 (2021)
Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon Wheelchair Division welcomes athletes of all abilities to participate. The information below is designed to help ensure the safety of all participants, spectators, sponsors, vendors and volunteers.
All wheelchairs authorized to participate must abide by the following rules.
- All registered wheelchair participants MUST wear a protective helmet to participate in any of the events. The helmet must be worn for the duration of the race with the chin-strap fastened, and bib must be visible on the course at all times.
- The use of mirrors is not permitted.
- All wheelchairs must be structurally sound (i.e., no cracks in the frame or welds, no loose or missing spokes, etc.). The athlete must be securely seated in the wheelchair and remain so while racing.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to ensure that no part of their lower limbs can fall from their wheelchair to the ground or road during the event.
- All wheelchair participants must be able to maintain control of their wheelchair at all times. Race officials may immediately and without warning disqualify from the event and remove from the course any participant whose racing style is considered by such official to be dangerous, interfere with other participants or fail to yield the right of way to other participants or volunteers.
- Registered participants may request to push a wheelchair on the course. All special requests should be emailed and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The deadline to make a request is one month before Race Day. Please use the contact form.
- The following wheelchairs are prohibited on all of the official race courses, with the exception of number six above: electric or motorized wheelchairs, sports chairs (i.e., basketball wheelchairs) and bobsleds.
- All approved participating wheelchair participants are required to start with the early designated official wheelchair start on race morning. All approved pushed wheelchair participants must start at the back of the corrals.
- All wheelchair athletes competing in the event must check in with the Start Line Coordinator with the wheelchair they will use in the race no later than 30 minutes before the start of the race on the morning of the event to ensure that the chair meets the event safety requirements. The decision of the Start Line Coordinator is final.
If the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Staff believe that a wheelchair or the athlete using it represents a safety risk, they are authorized to disqualify the athlete from the event and prohibit them from participating. The athlete shall not receive a registration fee refund for failing to follow the above policy and missing the opportunity to participate.
If you’re looking to meet new friends in your area and train with runners practicing for a goal race in OKC, check out the groups below who are all looking for the same opportunities as you and start training today!