The Kids Marathon, presented by INTEGRIS, kicks off Sunday, April 29, 2018, at 8:15am in downtown Oklahoma City. We hope to encourage children to live a healthy lifestyle, while teaching the Lessons Learned from the Oklahoma City bombing on April 19, 1995. It is a Run to Remember and a race to show that we can each make a difference in this world by living up to the Oklahoma Standard through service, honor and kindness.
We expect over 3,500 children to log their 25 miles leading up to the race and complete the last 1.2 miles on April 30. This race is unlike any other, because it also educates children about the history and mission of the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, and gives them the opportunity to commit to the Oklahoma Standard. The earlier you get involved, the more time you have to encourage, educate, and enjoy this event with your children.
See you at the Finish Line!
- SCHOOL TEAMS: You must register by April 1st!
- Registration is $15 for all children 6th grade and below, and $25 for adults.
- Children in grades higher than 6th are encouraged to run in the Memorial 5K or one of our other events.
- Parents MUST register as an adult and join their child’s school team (if applicable) during registration. This includes faculty/staff with any school team.
- Runners receive an event shirt, drawstring backpack loaded with race swag, a finishers’ medal, and finish line food and fun!
Click REGISTER at the top of the page to register online!The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is the largest fundraiser for the privately owned and operated Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. As an additional benefit to running, each participant will receive 1 free admission to the Museum. You can redeem this by bringing your bib, medal or event shirt to the Museum ticket counter. Be sure to sign up for the Kids Newsletter below to receive updates and tips for your Run to Remember!
Race WeekendPick up your race bag at the Health & Fitness Expo. Any participant that joins a school team, be sure to check with the team captain to make sure they haven’t already picked up your packet before you head to the Expo.
Color Group Wave Start
- We will be using the same Start Line at 6th and Harvey directly in front of the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum.
- Race begins at 8:15am
- Be lined up no later than 7:45am for warm-up, announcements and fun!
- Each individual runner will be assigned a wave start color group noted by their bib color.
- Color groups will be assigned based on numbers to keep the waves as even as possible.
- Team members of a school group will have the same color group assigned to them. A school team will not be separated.
- Individuals and school teams will find out their color group and the order of the waves at school packet pickup (for schools) or the race expo (for individuals.)
- Safety Net Runners will lead each wave with large signs matching the color of that wave.
- Each wave will run together, go through the finish line, get their medals and food packed race bags, then go to their finishers’ meet up spot.
Kids Finishers' Corral – New Location!Kerr Park – 102 Robert S. Kerr Ave.
School Group – Meet Up and Exit Procedures
- School groups will go through the finish line, get medals, get their race bags (please encourage students to keep these closed until exiting) and keep going straight to the school meet up signs (arranged in alphabetical groups according to school name). For example, if you go to Apple Elementary, you would meet up under the Schools A-D sign. ***See the map for the location of school group meet up.
- School groups will gather their team under the appropriate school sign at the far east side of the finish line on Couch Dr. Once everyone is accounted for, they will exit as a group through the school group tent BEFORE going onto the lawn of Kerr Park to enjoy the concert and festivities! Our goal is to have everyone connect inside the tent based on color wave. There will be a volunteer standing at the entrance of the tent with a color wave sign and parents with the matching color tear tag will enter at the same time.
- Each child will have a tear tag on their bib that matches their bib number. Kids MUST have an adult with the matching tear tag exit with them before they can leave our corral.
- Parents who run with their child should carry their child’s tear tag with them and run with them.
- School Team Captains can carry the tear tags for more than one child and we recommend putting them on a metal ring to keep them together.
- ALL KIDS will be checked to make sure the adult they are with has the correct matching tear tag prior to leaving the corral. We will mark those bibs we’ve checked.
- Once tear tags are checked and school team members have been checked, marked, and exited the corral, join us on the Kerr Park lawn for post-race entertainment and fun. To help the flow of traffic, please encourage your students to move away from the corral tent to enjoy the DJ and their post-race food.
Individual Runner Meet Up and Exit Procedures(registered parent running with child)
- Children who are NOT running with a team will go through the finish line on Couch Dr., get their medal and bag with food, and veer toward the Individual Connection tent.
- Parents who run with their child must have the child’s matching tear tag and be with them when exiting through the tent.
- Once you and your child have connected, your tear tags will be checked, marked, and you can exit the tent and enjoy the post-race fun on the lawn of Kerr Park (see above explanation of tear tags in the School Group Meet Up Spot info.).
- A volunteer will be outside the tent with a sign matching the color wave that is currently meeting up in the tent.
- Kids will receive race bags this year as they finish the race - not at school group pick up or the expo. The bags will be pre-loaded with their post-race food. Please encourage runners not to open their bags until they’ve exited the School Group tent onto Kerr Park.
- The start and finish are a lot further apart this year so parents will need to walk from 6th street to Robert S. Kerr which is about 3 blocks south and 2 blocks east.
- This year our Safety Net Runners will be wearing Lime Green. Make sure your child knows that they are safe people to help them!
- We will have superheroes, mascots, and a band at Kerr Park - stay and celebrate your run!
We can’t wait to RUN TO REMEMBER!!!Get some final tips from sponsor INTEGRIS before your Race Day run!
- The ability to view and manage your roster of participants.
- The flexibility of early packet pick up. Kids and adults who register by April 1st and have joined a designated school team qualify for early packet pick up. Captains will be able to pick up all team members packets together.
- To encourage teams to set and achieve goals together, two $500 prizes, Highest Percentage of Participants and Highest Number of Participants are awarded to teams that register as a school group. Check out last years winners below.
Team Captain Links
- School Information Packet
- Registration Instructions
- Take-Home Registration Form
- Why Participate? Sample Letter to Parents, Faculty and Staff
- Educational Activities
- Running Log