The Kids Marathon, presented by INTEGRIS, kicks off Sunday, April 30, 2017, at 8:15am in downtown Oklahoma City. We hope to encourage children to live a healthy lifestyle, while teaching the Lessons Learned from the Oklahoma City bombing on April 19, 1995. It is a Run to Remember and a race to show that we can each make a difference in this world by living up to the Oklahoma Standard through service, honor and kindness.
We expect over 3,500 children to log their 25 miles leading up to the race and complete the last 1.2 miles on April 30. This race is unlike any other, because it also educates children about the history and mission of the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, and gives them the opportunity to commit to the Oklahoma Standard. The earlier you get involved, the more time you have to encourage, educate, and enjoy this event with your children.
See you at the Finish Line!
- Registration is $15 for all children 6th grade and below, and $25 for adults.
- Children in grades higher than 6th are encouraged to run in the Memorial 5K or one of our other events.
- Parents MUST register as an adult and join their child’s school team (if applicable) during registration. This includes faculty/staff with any school team.
- Runners receive an event shirt, drawstring backpack loaded with race swag, a finishers’ medal, and finish line food and fun!
Click REGISTER at the top of the page to register online!The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is the largest fundraiser for the privately owned and operated Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. As an additional benefit to running, each participant will receive 1 free admission to the Museum. You can redeem this by bringing your bib, medal or event shirt to the Museum ticket counter. Be sure to sign up for the Kids Newsletter below to receive updates and tips for your Run to Remember!
Participants will log 25 miles between now and Race Day. On Race Day, participants will complete their full 26.2 marathon miles by running or walking the last 1.2 miles on the official race course. We recommend 8-10 weeks minimum to properly train runners and implement the free education materials on this website, so start early!
Pick up your race bag at the Health & Fitness Expo. Any participant that joins a school team, be sure to check with the team captain to make sure they haven’t already picked up your packet before you head to the Expo.
Be sure check out the following information before Race Day!Get some final tips from sponsor INTEGRIS before your Race Day run!
- The ability to view and manage your roster of participants.
- The flexibility of early packet pick up. Kids and adults who register by April 1st and have joined a designated school team qualify for early packet pick up. Captains will be able to pick up all team members packets together.
- To encourage teams to set and achieve goals together, two $500 prizes, Highest Percentage of Participants and Highest Number of Participants are awarded to teams that register as a school group. Check out last years winners below.
Team Captain Links
- School Information Packet
- Registration Instructions
- Take-Home Registration Form
- Why Participate? Sample Letter to Parents, Faculty and Staff
- Educational Activities
- Running Log