Teach them Why We Run
Bring the Run to Remember to Your School!
Join schools throughout Oklahoma participating in the Oklahoma City Memorial Kids Marathon School Group Program! Not only does it provide the opportunity to learn an important part of Oklahoma history, each participant will receive one free admission to the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum.
Schools will also have the chance to win cash prizes for their physical education department. One $500 prize is awarded for the school with the Highest Percentage of Participants and another $500 is award to the school with the Highest Number of Participants.
Education + Training
Kids Marathon School Groups are provided with educational resources to teach Why We Run and a training program to promote healthy living, including:
- Why We Run Educational Curriculum
- Oklahoma Kids Challenge (OKC) Days Training Program
- Mileage Map featuring Oklahoma geography and history
- Running Shoe Coloring Page
- Lap Fitness Posters
- Exercise videos featuring Official Chair Bison Rumble
- Rallies and Training Sessions led by the Marathon team
- Participation recognition with certificates and banners
- Kids Marathon swag
Schedule a Rally
We appreciate your commitment in leading your team to victory. Get your Kid Marathoners pumped up and ready to race by scheduling a rally! Rally (20 minutes): A high-energy, fun and informative assembly that can be tailored towards an entire school or specific grade levels that introduces your kids to the Kids Marathon and teaches the story of the Run to Remember. The rally will include basic fitness instruction, videos, guest speaker (e.g., survivor, first responder or marathoner) and race swag.
Sign Up Your School Group
- Fill out the School Group Registration form below to create a school team. Once the form has been submitted, a link will be emailed to the team captain to register your group.
- Send out information to parents.
- Help the kids log 25 miles leading up to race day. Access the online resources to learn the importance of Why We Run. You’ll be sent these in an email after registering.
- Finish the last 1.2 miles on Race Day! Please note, if a child and parent have already signed up for the Kids Marathon and need to join your team, please Contact Us so that we can get them added to your school group.