The Kids Marathon, presented by INTEGRIS, kicks off Sunday, April 29, 2018, at 8:15am in downtown Oklahoma City. We hope to encourage children to live a healthy lifestyle, while teaching the Lessons Learned from the Oklahoma City bombing on April 19, 1995. It is a Run to Remember and a race to show that we can each make a difference in this world by living up to the Oklahoma Standard through service, honor and kindness.
We expect over 4,000 children to log their 25 miles leading up to the race and complete the last 1.2 miles on Race Day. This race is unlike any other, because it also educates children about the history and mission of the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, and gives them the opportunity to commit to the Oklahoma Standard. The earlier you get involved, the more time you have to encourage, educate, and enjoy this event with your children.
- SCHOOL TEAMS: You must register by April 1st!
- Registration is $15 for all children 6th grade and below, and $25 for adults.
- Children in grades higher than 6th are encouraged to run in the Memorial 5K or one of our other events.
- Parents MUST register as an adult and join their child’s school team (if applicable) during registration. This includes faculty/staff with any school team.
- Runners receive an event shirt, drawstring backpack loaded with race swag, a finishers’ medal, and finish line food and fun!
Click REGISTER at the top of the page to register online!The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is the largest fundraiser for the privately owned and operated Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. As an additional benefit to running, each participant will receive 1 free admission to the Museum. You can redeem this by bringing your bib, medal or event shirt to the Museum ticket counter. Be sure to sign up for the Kids Newsletter below to receive updates and tips for your Run to Remember!
Participants will log 25 miles between now and Race Day. On Race Day, participants will complete their full 26.2 marathon miles by running or walking the last 1.2 miles on the official race course. We recommend 8-10 weeks minimum to get the most out of the free training and educational materials (Coming later this year!) on this website, so start early!
Maps and course information will be available soon.
Race WeekendPick up your race bag at the Health & Fitness Expo. Any participant that joins a school team, be sure to check with the team captain to make sure they haven’t already picked up your packet before you head to the Expo.
We can’t wait to RUN TO REMEMBER!Get some final tips from sponsor INTEGRIS before your Race Day run!
- The ability to view your roster of participants.
- The flexibility of early packet pick up. If you register your school team by April 1, you can arrange with the school coordinator to pick up your race packets the week of the run to ensure you as a captain have enough time to distribute packets to your school team.
- To encourage teams to set and achieve goals together, two $500 prizes, Highest Percentage of Participants and Highest Number of Participants are awarded to teams that register as a school group. Check out last years winners below.
Download the Kids Marathon Welcome Packet.
Book a First Person Presentation at Your School Hear from survivors, family members, rescue workers and others that were impacted by the bombing and learn why it is important to participant in the Run to Remember. These stories allow students to experience history - and the Oklahoma Standard - from those who lived it. Learn More