Kids Marathoners will run 25 miles leading up to their final 1.2 miles on Race Day in downtown Oklahoma City! We recommend kids begin 8-10 weeks before to maximize the free training program and educational resources provided with registration. You’ll log your miles using the Running Log and get training tips!
Pick up your race packet at the Health & Fitness Expo. All School Team participants should check with their Team Captain to determine if their packet has been picked up prior to the Expo.
- On Harvey in front of the Memorial Museum
- Race begins at 8:15am*
- Be lined up no later than 7:45am for warm-up, announcements and fun!*
Color Group Wave Start
- Each individual runner will be assigned a wave start color group designated by the bib color.
- Team members of a school group will have the same color group assigned to them and will not be separated.
- Individuals and school teams will find out their color group and the order of the waves at school packet pickup (for schools) or the race expo (for individuals).
- Safety Net Runners will lead each wave with large signs matching the color of that wave.
- Each wave will run together, go through the finish line into our finishers’ corral, get their medals, and go to their finishers’ meet up area.
- Waves are released in 5 minute intervals.
The Kids Marathon Finish Line is on Robert S. Kerr Ave. Family and friends wanting to see your Kids Marathoner cross the Finish Line can head down to Robert S. Kerr. Ave. then stay to hang out in Kerr Park for Finish Line fun! Once in the corral, runners receive their medal and go directly to their meet up spot. These will be labeled alphabetically by school name. There will be a designated meet up spot for individual runners.
Guardians who are NOT registered and have a tear tag to claim a child will only be allowed to enter at the Guardian Entrance on Robert S. Kerr. Guardians MUST have the tear tag from the bottom of the race bib of the child they are claiming. Guardians claiming a child need to go to the correct school meet up area (labeled alphabetically by school name) OR to the designated meet up for individual runners.
Post Race Party
Upon exiting the Kids Finishers’ Corral, registered runners will receive goody backpacks and exit onto the Kerr Park Lawn for the post race party.
Cheer on the Runners
Spectators can cheer on the kids crossing the Finish Line by lining the streets OUTSIDE the fence on Robert S. Kerr. No one will be allowed in the corral except registered runners with bibs and guardians with tear tags.
Tear Tag Procedures
The Kids Marathon is dedicated to being a safe and enjoyable event for kids, parents and teachers. To ensure better safety in connecting everyone after the race, the Tear Tag Procedures are as follows.
- Only registered race participants will be allowed on the race course and in the corral. Adults with a tear tag to claim a child are allowed into the Kids Finisher Corral. Volunteers in brightly colored shirts and a very visible OKC Police presence will be in place the entire time.
- Each child is issued a bib to wear on race day with a “tear tag” at the bottom with the same number. A parent, guardian or a teacher will be required to provide the matching tag for the child to leave the Kids Finisher Corral area.
- You will see two separate entrances into the Kids Finishers’ Corral: The finish line which is for
kids and adults who are registered participants and one for adults who have a tear tag to claim a child. Please use the correct entrance.
- School Team Captains: Please collect the tear tags and keep them with your student roster. If you are responsible for your whole school team, we will have special exit lanes for you and your team to exit together. Volunteers will move down the line and check your tear tags in order to be released from the corral. You will be asked to provide the roster and corresponding number of tags – children will be counted and accounted for and then exited under your supervision. We suggest keeping your tear tags together on a key ring or twist tie with your team roster. The team captain can be responsible for all of them, or you can divide them up and give them to registered adults with your school so that each adult is responsible for specific kids. ***Please make sure all kids and parents on your team are aware of these procedures.
- If you do not have your matching tag or claim that it is lost, you will be subject to closer examination by trained volunteer(s) or the OKC Police before you are allowed to exit.
Thank you for your compliance with this system for the safety of each participant.