Kids Marathoners will run 25 miles leading up to their final 1.2 miles on race day in downtown Oklahoma City! We recommend kids begin 8-10 weeks before to maximize the free training program and educational resources provided with registration. Check out all of the Kids Marathoner resources and start training!
Pick up your race packet at the Health & Fitness Expo. All School Team participants should check with their Team Captain to determine if their packet has been picked up prior to the Expo.
- On Harvey in front of the Memorial Museum
- Race begins at 10:00am with color group waves released in 5-minute intervals
- Join us for the warm-up with Rumble, announcements and fun!
Color Group Wave Start
- Each runner will be assigned a color group designated by the bib color.
- Team members of a school group will have the same color group assigned to them and will not be separated. Runners will find out their color group and the order of the waves at school packet pickup (for schools) or the Expo (for individuals).
- Safety Net Runners will lead each wave with large signs matching the color of that wave.
- Each color group wave will go through the Finish Line into the finishers’ corral, get their medals, and go to their finishers’ meet up area together.
Color Group Start Times
|10:00 – Wave 1: Orange|
|10:05 – Wave 2: Purple|
|10:10 – Wave 3: Tan|
|10:15 – Wave 4: Yellow|
|10:20 – Wave 5: Pink|
|10:25 – Wave 6: Green|
|10:30 – Wave 7: Gray|
|10:35 – Wave 8: Blue|
|10:40 – Wave 9: Red|
The Finish Line is just east of Walker Avenue and Oklahoma City Boulevard near Scissortail Park. Once in the corral, runners receive their medal and go directly to their meet up spot. These will be labeled alphabetically by school name. There will be a designated meet up spot for individual runners. Kids Marathoners will receive food, water and medal before exiting into Scissortail Park for the post-race party.
Guardians who are NOT registered and have a tear tag to claim a child will only be allowed to enter at the Guardian Entrance in the Finish Line area. Guardians MUST have the tear tag from the bottom of the race bib of the child they are claiming. Guardians claiming a child need to go to the correct school meet up area (labeled alphabetically by school name) OR to the designated meet up for individual runners.
Claim Tag Procedures
The Kids Marathon is dedicated to being a safe and enjoyable event for kids, parents/guardians and teachers.
- Only registered participants will be allowed on the course and in the Kids Finishers Corral. Adults with a claim tag are allowed into the Kids Finisher Corral to meet up with their child under the Individual or their School Group sign. Volunteers in brightly colored shirts and OKC Police will be in place the entire time.
- Each child is given a bib to wear on Race Day with a “claim tag” at the bottom with the same number. A parent/guardian or teacher will be required to provide the matching tag for the child to leave the Kids Finisher Corral area. Please tear off the claim tag prior to the race and keep it with you so you.
- School Team Captains: Please collect all claim tags and keep them with your student roster. If you are responsible for your entire school team, we will have special exit lanes. Volunteers will move down the line and check your claim tags in order to be released from the corral. You will be asked to provide the roster and corresponding tags – children will be accounted for and then released under your supervision. We suggest keeping your claim tags together on a key ring or twist tie. The Team Captain can be responsible for all participants or the roster can be divided and another registered adult with your school can be responsible for specific kids. Please ensure all kids and parents on your school team are aware of these procedures.
- If you do not have your matching claim tag or it has been lost, you will be subject to closer examination by trained volunteer(s) or the OKC Police before you are allowed to exit.
Thank you for your compliance with this system for the safety of each participant.