The Kids Marathon has been postponed to Sunday, October 4, 2020, at 8:15am.
- Open to all children through sixth grade! Children in grades higher than 6th are encouraged to run in the Memorial 5K or one of our other events.
- Parents/Guardians who choose to run, MUST register as an adult and join their child’s school team (if applicable) during registration and be 18 years of age or older, including all faculty/staff with any school team.
- Only adults with a child participating can register.
- All school team members must be registered by April 1st. Any participant who registers for your school team after April 1st will NOT have their race materials grouped with the school for early packet pick up or count toward the School Group participation prizes.
- Team Captains are responsible to review the roster and email the Marathon team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any changes before April 1st.
- Kids Marathoners receive an event shirt, drawstring backpack, a finishers’ medal, and Finish Line food.
Step 1: Sign Up to participate in the Kids Marathon.
Step 2: Access the online resources to learn the importance of Why We Run. You’ll be sent these in an email after registering.
Step 3: Log your 25 miles leading up to Race Day!
Step 4: Join us at the Memorial to run the final 1.2 Miles on Race Day! We cannot wait to see you all at the Start Line. Let’s Marathon!
Welcome to the Kids Marathon! Here is a step-by-step guide to help you set up your team for success:
Step 1: Register your school as an official Kids Marathon school group by completing the online web form.
Step 2: Read this website to start planning your team’s #RUNtoREMEMBER!
Step 3: You will receive a package containing resources, including the Why We Run educational curriculum and the Oklahoma Kids Challenge (OKC) Days training program.
Step 4: Start to assemble your group and log your 25 miles of training! Get your students excited to run by scheduling a Rally or Training Session with our Memorial Marathon Ambassador!
Step 5: Register your students to participate in the Kids Marathon on Race Day. Please note: All school groups must be set up by March 25th and all team members must be registered by April 1.
Step 6: Run the final 1.2 Miles on Race Day! We cannot wait to see you all at the Start Line. Let’s Marathon!
All participants including students, parents/guardians, teachers, faculty and staff who plan to run with your school team, must register themselves individually online and join the school team you have created when they sign up. Every person participating in the Kids Marathon must have the following information to participate:
- A signed waiver by the parent or guardian for all minors
- A parent or guardian email address for each participant, NOT a team captain’s email
Want to be invoiced?
All registrations must be completed by the Team Captain and paid before the Expo. Schools that are invoiced can pay by cash, check or credit card. Purchase orders cannot be used as payment.
All school teams must be registered and set up by March 25. All runners participating with that school team must be registered by April 1 at 11:59pm CST.
You can arrange with the Marathon team to pick up your race packets the week of the race to ensure you as a captain have enough time to distribute packets to your school team. Any participant that registers and joins a school team after April 1 will not qualify for early packet pick up, and will have to pick up their packets at the Expo. However, they can still run with their school team.