Why register as an official Kids Marathon school group?
- The ability to assign a school coordinator/captain who will manage your team roster of participants from start to finish.
- The flexibility of early packet pick up. If you register your school team by April 1, you can arrange with the school coordinator to pick up your race packets the week of the run to ensure you as a captain have enough time to distribute packets to your school team.
- To encourage teams to set and achieve goals together, two $500 prizes, Highest Percentage of Participants and Highest Number of Participants are awarded to teams that register as a school group. Check out last years winners below.
Why We Run Lesson Plans
Included with school groups registration is curriculum designed in 16 independent units. Each unit has three instructional parts:
- The Story – History of the bombing and the creation of the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum and the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.
- Get Fit – Tips on getting healthy and preparing for the race with Rumble.
- Got Character –Emphasizing 16 weekly positive character traits, each of which features a video of Darci Lynne Farmer!
Each of these three parts is presented two ways – for students through grade 3, and for grades 4 to 6. (sections are color coded) Each module is accompanied by a Word of the Week read by America’s Got Talent winner Darci Lynne. This section can be copied and handed out to students to take home, posted on the website, or copied/pasted into emails sent to the parent/guardian.