Join schools throughout Oklahoma who are running the distance and participating in the Oklahoma City Memorial Kids Marathon School Group Program!
- Ability to assign a Team Captain who will manage your team.
- Take advantage of early packet pick up.
- Access to educational resources.
- Win $500 Prizes for your Physical Education Department – Two $500 prizes are awarded to School Groups with the Highest Percentage of Participants and Highest Number of Participants.
Kids Marathon School Groups are provided with educational resources to teach why we #RUNtoREMEMBER and a NEW training program to promote healthy, active living.
- Why We Run Educational Curriculum (more below)
- Oklahoma Kids Challenge (OKC) Days Training Program
- Mileage Map featuring Oklahoma Geography and History
- School Participation Recognition – Certificates, 5 and 10 Year Participation Banners
- Kids Marathon Rallies or Training Sessions led by the Marathon staff to excite participants and assist with training
- Kids Marathon Swag
Why We Run Curriculum Highlights
- The Story – History of the bombing and the creation of the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum and the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.
- Get Fit – Tips on getting healthy and preparing for the race with Rumble.
- Got Character – Emphasizing 16 weekly positive character traits, each of which features a video of Darci Lynne Farmer!
Each of these three parts is presented two ways – for students through grade 3, and for grades 4 to 6. (sections are color coded) Each module is accompanied by a Word of the Week read by America’s Got Talent winner Darci Lynne. This section can be copied and handed out to students to take home, posted on the website, or copied/pasted into emails sent to the parent/guardian.
Cleveland Elementary and Rosary Catholic School were our prize winners for the 2019 Kids Marathon!